Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Robocop

This film was one that I didn't particularly enjoy. I thought the violence was a little over the top and there was too much gore for me to handle, though at times I did laugh. I believe that the violence was somewhere in the middle between realistic and fun. The only thing about this film that I took seriously was when robocop realized who his killers were in the gas station. He was very emotional, and I honestly felt sad for him. Other than that scene, it was all a little too gruesome for me. There was one part where a man was shot in the hand and there was blood just spurting out, which to me was very real violence at the beginning, but then after watching it for a second it became fun violence. I believe that this movie was one that could have gone without going over the top with the blood and gore. I understand the premise of the film but there are times when I just don't get why directors, writers, and producers push the violence to a whole other level. They could have made it a lot classier, which would have appealed to a whole different audience. A lot more girls would have gotten into it and it could have made a much bigger revenue. But tat is just my thought on the subject, basically there was way too much violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment