Monday, April 25, 2011

The Big Lebowski

This film was definitely one of a kind. I don't think I have ever seen a movie like this one. In all honesty it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The music was catchy, the actors were actually good, and there were times where I literally laughed out loud. The Coen brothers certainly did take a risk with this film, but I give them credit. They finally got to do something that they wanted to and even though it didn't do particularly well in the box office, people still talk about this movie today. The reason why I think that the movie is a "cult classic" is because of the diversity of the characters and how well they meshed together, the dream sequences included in the film, and like stated before, the soundtrack. The dream sequences are what kept me the most interested. They were just so odd that I couldn't wait for the next one. All in all I was surprised by this film. I was expecting something like a Judd Apatow movie but that wasn't what this was. It was very different but, also good at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment