Monday, April 25, 2011

The Hudsucker Proxy

First of all I would like to say that I think the use of the word "proxy" in the title is absolute genius. I believe that for any kind of film, to have something/anything that has meaning for the makers of the film, makes the film that much greater in my eyes. The Coen brothers are definitely the underdogs in the filmmaking world, but the thing is that they know it but they still go out and make the films that they want to make. I commend them, it takes a lot of guts, and obviously, money. I don't think there is any right or wrong answer to whether or not the Coen brothers are taking creative risks, but for me I do believe that they took a risk with this film. First of all this movie was one of their early ones so they put this out there with their name on it, and it failed in the box office. Even with all of the bad press and reviews they were still able to go and make more films such as The Big Lebowski and eventually Burn After Reading. I think that these brothers know who they are and what they want to do and they aren't going to let anyone stand in their way and I love that about them and their films.

No comments:

Post a Comment